District Governor Lion Malcolm is a member of the Aberdeen Bon Accord Lions Club. Lion Malcolm originally joined Aberdeen Lions Club in 2004, forming the highly successful Harlaw Leo Club the following year, and acting as Leo Advisor ever since. He was instrumental in the setting up of the Aberdeen Bon Accord Lions Club (branch) in 2006, becoming its Charter President in 2009. He served for 25 years as a Boys Brigade Officer (at both Company and Battalion level) and, in Lions has served at District level as Leo Club Officer for Scotland and as Zone Chair. A teacher by profession, he has spent most of his working life as Head of Biology.
- To oversee the running of the District and to represent the District at Multiple District and Lions Clubs International levels
- To be the figurehead for Lions within the District and to actively seek to promote Lionism.
- To act as the representative of Lions Clubs International (LCI) within the District, including ensuring all necessary reporting and dissemination of information, and acting as the interface between the Clubs and LCI.
- To actively promote LCIF within the District.
- To represent the District at Multiple District level, including along with the other MD 105 District Governors, overseeing the running of the Multiple District, including attending four Council of Governors meetings.
- To select, structure and organise the District Cabinet to best promote Lionism within the District and to lead and chair the District Cabinet and Convention, organising 4 cabinet meetings per year
- To oversee the District GLT and GMT
- To oversee the financial administration of the District
- To visit (or ensure that the 1st/2nd VDG’s visit) all Clubs within the District at least once per year and submit the required report to Oak Brook.
- To attend as many Zone Meetings as practicable during the year.