2nd Vice District Governor
Lion Richard joined the City of Ndola Lions Club (District 413 Zambia) in October 1983 and transferred to Malton, Norton and District Lions Club (founded by Driffield Lions Club – District 105C) in 1987. He has held the posts of Club President in 1996/97 and 2013/14 and was Club Secretary from 1992 to 1996 and from 2015 to date. At Club level he has chaired various fund raising committees as well as the Convention Committee when the Club hosted Convention in 2013.
Lion Richard has been Zone Chairman twice in 1997/98 and again in 2011/12. He was Assistant District Secretary (to Lion David Fowler) in 1995/96 and took the minutes at the Darlington Convention in 1995. He has held a series of posts within the Communications Team at District level and for the last three years has been responsible for the District Website which he re-launched during PDG Lion Andrew Kerr Sutherland’s time in office. He is a member of the Advanced Lions Leadership Institute and was awarded the International Leadership Award by Lion President, Joe Preston in 2014-15.
Richard has run his own business consultancy – Altamira (Yorkshire) Ltd – since October 2009 and during his career has worked in Venezuela for two and a half years, Zambia for four years and travelled extensively in Africa and the Middle East on business. He was born in Sheffield and most of his business clients are based in South Yorkshire. He is married to Margaret and lives in Thorpe Bassett.
- To support the current District Governor and prepare for role as incoming 1st Vice District Governor
- To attend all necessary 2nd Vice DG training programmes in preparation for taking on the role 1st VDG and subsequently District Governor, including undertaking online and MD training
- As part of the DG Team to represent the District Governor as required in making Club Visits, attending Club Charters, attending Zone Meetings etc
- To attend GLT meetings (possibly electronic) as required
- To participate in Forward Planning for the District, setting aims/objectives for future years, reviewing, revising and refining the current strategic plan
- Working with the communication team review and improve the Districts IT arrangements
- To attend and report back to District Cabinet meeting on progress.