1st Vice District Governor
Lion David Wilson followed his father into Lions and is an Honorary Citizen of Filey. He was recognised for his achievements and work within the town particularly in regard to the groups he has served upon being Filey Lions; Filey Lifeboat; Youth Foundation; Filey Museum; the Churches and Schools and his work at Scarborough and Bridlington Hospitals. Lion Dabid has held many offices both in his Club and within the District where most recently he has been Zone Chairman.
- To support the current District Governor and prepare for role as incoming District Governor
- To attend all necessary 1st Vice DG training programmes in preparation for taking on the role of District Governor, including undertaking online and MD training, along with attending the International Convention and the preceding DGE Seminar
- To attend, as observer, the January and April/May Council of Governors meeting, the latter immediately preceding the Multiple District Convention
- As part of the next MD Council of Governors, to actively participate in all necessary planning matters.
- As part of the DG Team to represent the District Governor as required in making Club Visits, attending Club Charters etc, attending Zone Meetings etc
- To attend GMT meetings (possibly electronic) as required and contribute to the membership and leadership goals of the District.
- To attend Guiding Lion team meetings (probably electronic) to develop action plans in support of the aims and objectives outlined in the District Strategic Plan.
- To assist the DG in identifying weak clubs and establishing plans to strengthen them.
- To participate in Forward Planning for the District, working to the District Strategic Plan review, revise and refine the actions and timelines relating to membership from the Strategic Plan and ensure that they remain on target
- To attend and report back to District Cabinet meeting on progress.
- To plan, prepare and resource the District Cabinet for the following year.