District Sight Project Officer
- To promote and encourage participation in the Sight Programmes of Lions Clubs International both locally and internationally; to provide advice and guidance to Clubs wishing to undertake sight related projects.
- To become familiar with the LCI sight programmes (e.g. Lions Eye Health Programme, Campaign Sight First) and to acquire knowledge ‘in layman’s terms’ of the underlying medical conditions.
- To promote sight as one of the Multiple District signature projects
- To fully understand (via the MD Sight Officer) the constraints (e.g. on offering unqualified medical advice) that may constrain Clubs in running such promotions – and to proactively ensure such Clubs are made fully aware.
- To offer general advice and guidance to Clubs wishing to get involved in promoting sight awareness projects in their area. To encourage Clubs to appoint their own Sight officers.
- To provide information on, and encourage Club’s support for, projects recommended by MD105 and also LCI’s own Sight related projects.
- To encourage Clubs to consult with their local visually impaired groups on how they can co-operate with them in raising awareness of Sight related issues.
- Through membership of the Health and Disabilities team, to liaise with other District officers to identify any links to Sight awareness, including through Message in a Bottle, Medic Alert and Diabetic awareness promotions.
- To liaise with the Multiple District Sight Officer.
- Working to the District Strategic Plan develops a pragmatic (but specific) action plan for the year.
- To submit progress reports to Cabinet and Convention. To attend convention. To attend cabinet, when invited to do so by the DG, and, if possible, to attend any other meetings necessary for performance of the above duties.