Young Ambassador Officer
- To promote and organise the MD105 Young Ambassador Competition within the District
- To encourage Clubs to participate in the Young Ambassador scheme and offer advice on how the scheme works (progressing from Club through District, MD finals to a Grand Final at the Europa Forum).
- To advise Clubs how to seek suitable candidates, within the required age range, who have a local community volunteer record worthy of recognition and support under the Scheme.
- To advise Clubs in ways of selecting a winner from amongst possible candidates.
- To arrange the District Final, present and coach the winning candidate to speak at District Convention and arrange his/her participation at the Multiple District Final.
- To ensure that appropriate transport and hosting has been arranged for the candidate at the above events. To attend these events with the candidate if at all possible.
- To keep the Opportunities for Youth Team Leader up to date on progress and to flag up any concerns or issues.
- To engage with other members of the Youth Team to share experiences, best practice and success stories, including participating in Youth Team meetings (which may be electronic).
- Working to the District Strategic Plan develops a pragmatic (but specific) action plan for the year.
- To liaise with the MD Young Ambassador Officer.
- To submit progress reports to Cabinet and Convention. To attend convention. To attend cabinet, when invited to do so by the DG, and, if possible, to attend any other meetings necessary for performance of the above duties.